Non-tenure Track Faculty Committee
University of Colorado – Colorado Springs
(Adopted by NTTF Committee 9-14-2017)
(Approved by FRA 10-13-2017)
Article I – Name
The name of this committee shall be Non-Tenure Track Faculty (NTTF) Committee.
Article II – Purpose
The purpose of this committee shall be to represent the non-tenure track faculty as a standing committee at the Faculty Representative Assembly meetings. The committee shall also address NTTF concerns on campus and lead various NTTF initiatives.
Article III – Membership
The committee shall consist of six to ten non-tenure track faculty members, attempting to have at least one member from each college or school and the library.
- The term of membership shall be for three years, with staggered, annual expiring terms.
- Vacancies shall be filled according to the Faculty Representative Assembly bylaws.
- Members have a responsibility to attend regularly and participate. After three unexcused absences, the chair may request replacement of the committee member.
- At least one member shall serve as the campus representative to any existing corresponding system-wide committee.
Article IV – Officers
The committee members shall elect a chair or co-chairs who shall assume office on the first of July.
The chair(s) has the following responsibilities:
- Ensure that the committee meets regularly.
- Notify committee members of agenda and meeting times.
- Submit written committee reports to the Faculty Representative Assembly Executive Committee as directed by that committee.
- Inform the Faculty Representative Assembly president of any vacancies that should be filled.
Article V – Meetings
Meetings shall be held once a month during the academic year or as needed.
- All committee meetings shall be conducted according to the Rules for Small Committees as specified in the latest edition of Robert’s Rules of Order.
Article VI – Source of Power
Constitution and Bylaws of UCCS Faculty Representative Assembly
Article VII – Amendments
These bylaws may be amended at any regular meeting by a quorum vote of the members present and entitled to vote, provided the proposed change has been submitted to the members in writing at the previous meeting and all absent members notified that a vote will be taken at the next regular meeting.